Vasa Consort was founded in 2020 in connection with the premiere performance of the complete collection Concerti e canzoni by Adam Jarzębski. The ensemble combines performance flair with musicological background. It focuses its work on internationally oriented repertoire that was cultivated in Poland at the time of the Vasa kings, but also presents a broad range of music written in different European countries between the end of the 16th and the 18th century. Vasa Consort’s leader, Marcin Szelest, is professor of organ at the Academy of Music in Krakow, editor of early music and author of numerous articles, as well as artistic director of the Early Music Festival at Stary Sącz. He has performed both as an organ soloist and a continuo player in ensembles such as Concerto Palatino, The Bach Ensemble, Weser Renaissance Bremen, and Wrocław Baroque Orchestra.
- Marta Wróblewska, Anna Zawisza – soprano
- Marcin Gadaliński – alto
- Piotr Windak, Stanisław Zyskowski – tenor
- Andrzej Zawisza, Przemysław Bałka, Marek Opaska – bass
- Mikołaj Zgółka, Katarzyna Cendlak – violin
- Justyna Młynarczyk, Karolina Szewczykowska, Ewa Witczak, Mateusz Kowalski – viola da gamba
- Marcin Szelest – organ, artistic direction